- ECF Attorney Training Registration - Attorneys wishing to file electronically in the ALNB CM/ECF system must be certified and register through www.pacer.uscourts.gov before filing privileges can be approved for ALNB. The submitted request will come to the Court electronically to review and process. Your PACER username and password will be your E-Filing username and password once the request has been approved.
- CM/ECF Practice Pointers and Helpful Hints
- Attorney Resources - Training documents and short tutorials called Electronic Learning Modules (ELMs) along with highlights detailing new features for attorneys, trustees, Bankruptcy Administrators, and PACER users.
- Local Rules and Orders
- Administrative Procedures for Filing, Signing, Retaining and Verification of Pleadings and Papers in Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) (pursuant to Local Rule 5005-4)
- Attorney Filer Terms and Conditions - Attorney filers should read and agree to these terms and conditions before registering to file in our court.
- Limited Filer Terms and Conditions - Limited filers should read and agree to these terms and conditions before registering to file in our court.
Obtaining E-Filing Privileges
Attorneys wishing to file electronically in the ALNB CM/ECF system must be certified and register through www.pacer.uscourts.gov before filing privileges can be approved for ALNB. If you need to register for training, please click the ECF Attorney Training Registration link above to register for a training class.
An attorney that has obtained a CM/ECF certification of filing and user ID and password from another bankruptcy court is not required to participate in additional training to receive a user ID and password to file electronically in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. On line registration requirements must be met in order to receive a user ID and password. Appearance pro hac vice and the order granting such motion, along with the $75.00 fee to District Court, and all other rules and requirements of appearing pro hac vice will continue to apply.
You must obtain a PACER account before you can request E-Filing privileges. If you do not have a PACER account, please click here to go to the registration page on the PACER website. Step by step instructions for registering for a PACER account can be found on our NextGen page by clicking here.
Attorneys requesting new e-filing accounts must make the requests through their PACER account.
- Go to www.pacer.uscourts.gov and log in to your PACER account under the Manage My Account link.
- Go to the Maintenance tab and click on the Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration link.
- From the drop down, select U.S. Bankruptcy Courts as the Court Type and Alabama Northern Bankruptcy as the Court.
Proceed through all of the screens and read the information carefully. The submitted request will come to the court electronically to review. You will receive an email once the request has been processed. Information will be provided if the request is rejected. Your PACER username and password will be your E-Filing username and password once the request has been approved.