- A personal desktop or laptop computer - with a current operating system (Windows 10 or higher) including updated virus protection software;
- Internet access - The faster the Internet connection, the easier CM/ECF is to use. It is recommended that Participants obtain fast access to the Internet using DSL, cable, or T-1 lines (Wi-Fi is not recommended while communicating with CM/ECF);
- A printer;
- A scanner - Documents that are not on a Participant’s computer in the form of word processing or Portable Document Format (PDF) must be scanned to be filed electronically;
- Word processing software - Microsoft Word (“Word”) is preferred, although the use of other word processors is permitted;
- PDF converter software - Adobe Acrobat is preferred, although the use of other PDF converters is permitted. This product converts document files to a PDF format that is acceptable to file in CM/ECF;
- Adobe Fillable Forms – when using a PDF fillable form, the user must lock or "flatten" the PDF document after completing the form fields by selecting Print to PDF;
- An Internet browser - CM/ECF compatibility has been tested with Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome;
- A PACER (Public Access to Court Records) account - to file, access reports and documents in the CM/ECF database;
- A valid credit card, debit card, or ACH - acceptable for payment of filing fees via CM/ECF;
- Digital signature software that provides for signature authentication (if the filer intends to file documents electronically signed by persons other than the filer); and
- Even though it is not required, the increased productivity of professional bankruptcy software with the case upload feature may justify the additional cost.
- Resolution should be set to 200 dpi or a maximum 300 dpi. Image type should be set to black and white drawing (not gray scale or color).
- “Scanned Image Output” or “Save As” format should be PDF. Check your scanner software manual for information on how to set output type.
- Review the PDF generated for accuracy (missing pages, "portrait" or "upright" orientation, etc.) prior to uploading to CM/ECF.
- The PDF conversion can be done with a software package such as Adobe Acrobat, if needed.
- The PDF size may not exceed 35MB (35,840 KB).
- Legal sized documents (8 ½ by 14 inches) must be converted to letter size (8 ½ by 11 inches) prior to being scanned.