- A personal desktop or laptop computer - with a current operating system (Windows 10) including updated virus protection software;
- Internet access - The faster the Internet connection, the easier CM/ECF is to use. It is recommended that Participants obtain fast access to the Internet using DSL, cable, or T-1 lines (Wi-Fi is not recommended while communicating with CM/ECF);
- A printer;
- A scanner - Documents that are not on a Participant’s computer in the form of word processing or Portable Document Format (PDF) must be scanned to be filed electronically;
- A camera and microphone for video conferences;
- Word processing software - Microsoft Word (“Word”) is preferred, although the use of other word processors is permitted;
- PDF converter software - Adobe Acrobat is preferred, although the use of other PDF converters is permitted. This product converts document files to a PDF format that is acceptable to file in CM/ECF;
- Adobe Fillable Forms – when using a PDF fillable form, the user must lock or "flatten" the PDF document after completing the form fields by selecting Print to PDF;
- An Internet browser - Each release of CM/ECF is tested with the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. It is especially important to keep current with Internet Explorer security patches, which are issued frequently. NOTE: The minimum recommended screen resolution for user workstations is 1024 x 768;
- A PACER account - to file, access reports and documents in the CM/ECF database;
- A valid credit card, debit card, or ACH - acceptable for payment of filing fees via CM/ECF; and
- Even though it is not required, the increased productivity of professional bankruptcy software with the case upload feature may justify the additional cost.
- Resolution should be set to 200 dpi or a maximum 300 dpi. Image type should be set to black and white drawing (not gray scale or color).
- “Scanned Image Output” or “Save As” format should be PDF. Check your scanner software manual for information on how to set output type.
- Review the PDF generated for accuracy (missing pages, etc.) prior to uploading to CM/ECF. The PDF conversion can be done with a software package such as Adobe Acrobat, if needed.
- The PDF size may not exceed 35MB (35,840 KB).
- Legal sized documents (8 ½ by 14 inches) must be converted to letter size (8 ½ by 11 inches) prior to being scanned.