Corrections to some of the existing Official Bankruptcy forms were approved by the Forms Subcommittee last week, and the AO has made the following changes:
Form 423, Certificate of Financial Management, was corrected as follows:
"If you are an individual, you must take an approved course about personal financial management if:
- you filed for bankruptcy under chapter 7 or 13, or
- you filed for bankruptcy under chapter 11 and § 1141 (d)(3) applies."
The form originally posted and used after 12/1/15 contained the following language:
" - you filed for bankruptcy under chapter 11 and § 1141 (d)(3) does not apply."
- Form 424, Certification to Court of Appeals - A minor change was made on page two to correctly reference Rule 8006 rather than Rule 8001 (as a result of the changes to Part VIII Rules).
- Form 106Sum at Part 3, number 5 where the form previously instructed the debtor to "copy monthly expenses from line 22 Column A of Schedule J" but there was no Column A. The form is now corrected to reference line 22c.
- Form 119, BK Petition Preparer Notice and Declaration, in the instructions, paragraph on page 1 refers to the requirement of Bankruptcy Petition Preparers to sign in Part 2. Earlier instructions directed signature in Part 3, but this form doesn't have a Part 3.