RULE 1001-1 PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF RULES
(a) General. Terms defined in 11 U.S.C. § 101, et seq. or the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure and the rules of construction in 11 U.S.C. § 102 apply to these Local Bankruptcy Rules.
(b) Definitions. In these Local Bankruptcy Rules, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Bankruptcy Rules" mean the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure;
(2) "CM/ECF" means Case Management / Electronic Case Filing;
(3) "Court" means the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama;
(4) "Rule" or "Rules" mean these Local Bankruptcy Rules;
(5) "Section" means a section or subsection of the Code;
(6) "Trustee" means --
(A) in a chapter 7 case, a trustee appointed or elected under Section 701, 702, or 703;
(B) in a chapter 11 case, a trustee appointed under Section 1104;
(C) in a chapter 12 case, a trustee appointed under 28 U.S.C. § 586(b); and
(D) in a chapter 13 case, a trustee appointed under 28 U.S.C. § 586(b).
(c) Application. These Rules govern practice and procedure in all cases and proceedings pending and filed in this Court in accordance with Section 105(a) and Bankruptcy Rule 9029. The Court will apply and interpret the Rules consistently with applicable law. In all instances not provided for by these Rules or the Bankruptcy Rules, the Court may regulate its practice in any manner consistent with these Rules and the Bankruptcy Rules.
(d) Effective Date. These Rules supersede and rescind administrative orders entered prior to the effective date of these Rules, December 1, 2017, except for the following administrative orders:
▪ Administrative Order 17-07 (In re: (I) Attorney’s Fees Under § 4.3 of the Local Form Plan, (II) the Sequence of Payments Under Part 7 of the Local Form Plan, and (III) Other Chapter 13 Requirements and Procedures – Western Division);
▪ Administrative Order 17-06 (In re: (1) Attorney’s Fees Under § 4.3 of the Local Chapter 13 Plan, and (2) Sequence of Payments Under Part 7 of the Local Chapter 13 Plan – Northern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 17-05 (In re: Establishing the Sequence of Payments by the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee – Eastern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 17-04 (In re: Authorizing and Allowing the Sequence of Payments for the Distribution of Attorney Fees to Debtor’s Attorneys by the Chapter 13 Trustee – Southern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 17-03 (In re: Supplementing Local Bankruptcy Rule 2016-1 – Southern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 17-02 (In re: Assignment of Cases – Southern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 17-01 (In re: Restating Pleadings Permitted to be Filed with Negative Notice – Northern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 16-06 (In re: The Filing of Final Reports and Accounts in Cases Converted from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7);
▪ Administrative Order 16-05 (In re: Deposit and Investment of Registry of Funds);
▪ Administrative Order 15-10 (In re: Chapter 13 Debtor’s Certifications Regarding Domestic Support Obligations and Section 522(q));
▪ Administrative Order 15-09 (In re: Requiring the Filing of a Summary of Schedules upon Filing Schedules and Amended Schedules, (revoking Administrative Order 07-02));
▪ Administrative Order 15-07 (In re: Payment of Pre-confirmation Adequate Protection Payments – Northern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 15-05 (In re: Requiring Proposed Orders to be Submitting within Fourteen Calendar Days – Northern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 15-04 (In re: Post-confirmation Mortgage Arrearage – Northern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 15-03 (In re: Appointment of Clerk of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court);
▪ Administrative Order 12-02 (In re: National Guard and Reservists Debt Relief Act of 2008);
▪ Administrative Order 10-04 (In re: Procedural and Administrative Matters – Eastern Division);
▪ Administrative Order 09-01 (In re: Revocation of Administrative Order 07-03 and Administrative Order 07-07);
▪ Administrative Order 08-01 (In re: New Electronic Transcript Policy);
▪ Administrative Order 07-02 (In re: Summary of Schedules Required Upon Filing Schedules and All Amended Schedules);
▪ Administrative Order 06-07 (In re: Pre-Confirmation Disbursement of Payments Received for Ongoing Domestic Support Obligations);
▪ Administrative Order 05-07 (In re: Procedures for Criminal Referrals);
▪ Administrative Order 05-06 (In re: Debtors Asserting an Exception to the Limitation of the Automatic Stay Under 11 U.S.C. § 362(l) and Procedure for Receiving Rent Deposits); and
▪ Administrative Order 04-001 (Certification of Acceptance and Rejection of Chapter 11 Plans).
These and all applicable administrative orders can be found on the Court's website at http://www.alnb.uscourts.gov/court-info/local-rules-and-orders.