You are here

Finding an Attorney

The Bankruptcy Court’s judges, judges’ staff, and clerk’s office employees are prohibited from providing legal advice and cannot refer you to an attorney.  If you decide to seek legal assistance and do not have an attorney, you may call the lawyer referral service in your local area, your local bar association, or search the internet.  Listed below are some of the agencies or services available.

Birmingham Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service

Birmingham Volunteer Lawyer Program*
(205) 250-5198

Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program*
(256) 539-2275

Alabama State Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program*
(888) 857-8571

Legal Services Alabama*


* Must qualify to receive services from this organization.