You are here


  • When "Maintaining User Account", are there REQUIRED fields?

    Yes, they are not marked. However, when you submit, the system prompts you for REQUIRED information.

  • What does "hwi" and "wwi" indicate when adding alias information?

    hwi: Husband with interest; wwi: Wife with interest.

  • What information should be entered in the "Party Text" field on the create a party screen?

    Party Text should contain additional information about the party and appears on the Docket Report both internally and externally. Example: Debtor, Alabama Land and Title, Party Text: an Alabama Corporation.

  • When opening a new petition and discovering that the debtor's name is spelled incorrectly, can the BACK button be used to correct the spelling?

    The BACK button cannot be used to correct the debtor's party record. A corrective entry is required to notify the Court of the needed change.

  • When will the claim appear on the claims register?

    The claim will appear on the claims register immediately upon submission of the claim.

  • I filed a claim and my attachments did not properly attach to the claim filed. How do I get the supporting documentation filed?

    a) Insure that the attachments are in PDF format.
    b) Confirm that each PDF document is no larger than 5 MB.
    c) File an amended claim and attach the correct PDF documents.

  • I am a creditor’s attorney and will be filing a claim on behalf of my client. How do I record the creditor address and my address as attorney?

    When filing the claim, there is a drop-down box on the first screen which allows you, the filer, to select who is submitting the claim. The options are: Creditor; Creditor’s Attorney; Debtor; Debtor’s Attorney; or Trustee. If the attorney is the filer, you will be able to add the attorney name and address and select the creditor’s name from the listing of creditors in the case or if the creditor is not listed or listed incorrectly, you are able to add the correct creditor. Both names and addresses will be added to the mailing matrix and displayed on the Proof of Claim and Claims Register.

  • Can I get a file-stamped acknowledgment of the Proof of Claim?

    Yes. The court’s claim number will display with a link to the electronically file-stamped proof of claim after the claim has been submitted. The claim will be file stamped as of the entry date. It is recommended that the claim be printed or saved at this time.

  • Can I include a separate mailing address for payments?

    Yes. Check the box indicating that the Payment Address is different from the Notice Address. An additional address field will appear for this alternate address for payments.

  • Is a signature required on the Proof of Claim?

    Yes. Type the name and title, if any, of the person authorized to file the claim on behalf of the creditor. The typed name constitutes the electronic signature of the filer.